All job seekers —
1. proof your resume
2. avoid small fonts and lots of graphics
3. use a simple, readable format
4. use metrics — avoid: created new branding campaign for organic toothpaste… what were the results??
5. what do I mean by metrics? examples: reduced cost per hire from $8700 per engineer to $4300 per engineer, increased revenue by 16% from 2009 to 2010, reduced customer wait time from 4 minutes to 2.3 minutes in less than 6 months
6. TAILOR YOUR RESUME TO THE JOB OF INTEREST! Don’t send a resume that has “OBJECTIVE: a role in an engineering firm” when you are applying for a role in a market research firm! Edit it before you send it.