Able Banking, a division of Northeast Bank
Northeast Bancorp is a publicly-traded financial services company (NASDAQ: NBN) which is the holding company for Northeast Bank. Northeast is a full-service community bank, headquartered in Lewiston, Maine, operating with ten traditional bank branches, and over $645 million in assets, Northeast recently completed a merger transaction with FHB Formation LLC, bringing approximately $16 million of new capital to Northeast. As part of this transaction, Northeast is introducing two new lines of business, which will operate in Boston, Massachusetts with support from Northeast operations in Maine: a loan acquisition and servicing group; and an online affinity deposit program.
To create the online affinity deposit program, Northeast is building a new and exciting direct (online-only) savings bank under the brand: ABLE BANKING. Like other direct banks, Able Banking will offer higher interest rates than traditional banks and have FDIC backing, but it will have a unique consumer offering that will differentiate it from other direct banks: customers will be given funds annually to donate to any (qualified 501c3) charity of their choosing. With this new bank the more one saves, the more the bank will give to the customer to designate to their charity. The bank is poised to be a true game-changer in the banking industry.The new management of Northeast Bancorp has over 50 years of combined experience in the banking industry. They are passionate about creating a better banking experience for consumers, and about empowering them to make a difference in their communities. All are active in various philanthropic endeavors.
Able Banking will be launched in the fall of 2011. We are building a brand for the bank, create a vibrant website that will engage consumers in saving and giving through their social networks. A robust online marketing strategy is being developed to attract loyal customers through partnerships with non-profit organizations.
Northeast Bank is looking for a highly motivated, hard working and organized Marketing Manager for Able Banking. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the individual will be responsible for assisting with marketing plan development, messaging and execution as well as ensuring consistent brand and messaging adherence across platforms and channels. Qualified candidates must have a strong track record of managing partnerships and multiple projects. The candidate will represent this new bank with multiple potential and current business partners; it is essential this person have strong relationship management experience. This is a very execution, deadline-driven role. Experience with direct marketing efforts through various channels: partnerships with non-profits, social media, the web, mobile, as well as other platforms and networks is required. The role requires strong relationship management expertise and online marketing skills; online customer acquisition experience is a plus.
– Working with the VP of Marketing, ensure quality and consistency of branding and positioning across all customer touch-points.
– Manage relationships with key non-profit organizations and non-profit aggregators; and the related marketing activities associated with these relationships.
– Assist with direct marketing efforts across the banks multiple marketing channels including and not limited to social, partnership, web 2.0, mobile, etc.
– Assist in the execution of the social media/online strategy.
– Write copy, with specific focus on engaging online community.
– Effectively work with external agencies to support partnerships and customer acquisition / loyalty.
– Assist with identifying market expansion opportunities.
– Contribute to positive, entrepreneurial and mission-driven work environment.
– Other responsibilities on an as-needed basis.
– 3-7 years demonstrated experience in online marketing; prefer additional experience in offline marketing as well.
– Experience working with or within non-profits with a focus on relationship management and marketing campaign development and execution.
– Experience in creating and/or the management of web 2.0 campaigns and/or activities.
– Experience in both B2B and B2C spaces.
– Must have experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, Facebook and other social media tools.
– Experience with customer acquisition and retention.
– A passion for and experience in driving innovative online marketing.
– Able to build healthy working relationships.
– Record of effective marketing plans and executions.
– Experience in SEO, SEM and innovative OLA campaigns.
– Experience in web analytics including Google analytics and Omniture.
– Excellent writing and communication skills.
– Strong project management capability.
– Experience working in start-ups is a plus.
– Must understand and embrace metrics.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated marketer to help create, launch and build a new online bank.
Ideal candidate is an experienced marketer, highly motivated, organized, ethical, self-confident, with strong interpersonal skills, an attention to detail, and a self-starter who is attracted to a challenging opportunity in a new venture and can work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment. Must be able to effectively balance competing priorities. Candidate must be passionate about making a difference, and eager to work on a team to help create a successful and noteworthy company.
Relocation and sponsorship are not available for this position.
Position is located in Boston, MA.
Northeast Bank is an EOE.
Patricia Hunt Sinacole