General OverviewDo you want to make a difference in the world? Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing tech companies in the Boston area? Do you want to sell a service that gives charities and schools $4 back for every $1 they spend?
BiddingForGood, a rapidly growing online fundraising auction service to the charitable fundraising industry seeks an intelligent, motivated and driven individual to join our marketing team as Marketing Specialist.
This is for the ambitious, motivated professional early in their marketing career who is seeking experience with a rapidly growing, venture capital-backed startup. This role is appropriate for an organized professional who wants to expand their skills while working with a great team of marketing talent.
This key member of our marketing team will report to the Director of Online Marketing and will be responsible for executing our social media efforts as well as providing expertise in other areas of marketing. The successful candidate will have 2 or more years of marketing experience and a good understanding of online marketing fundamentals.
The culture here is incredibly upbeat and progressive, but it is also demanding. We have a big opportunity and we intend to take it. But we also know how to laugh and enjoy the ride. This is truly a fun place to work for dedicated and motivated individuals.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), be creative, and also familiar with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, TweetDeck, LinkedIn, etc.). The successful candidate must also be able to devote the time and effort required to accomplish the goals of the position. It’s a rewarding and fast-paced environment.
• Execute our social media efforts and monitor/ report on performance.
• Manage and grow affiliate relationships.
• Support product advertising program.
• Provide day to day marketing expertise – generate new ideas, execute on existing plans and jump in to assist on other marketing related activities when necessary.
• Other related duties as needed.
• Two plus years of marketing experience, preferably in an e-commerce environment. Social media experience a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Solid organizational skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to work the sometimes long hours a venture capital backed company requires.
• PC experience is a must.
• Able to work well as an individual, as well as a team player.
• Able to work well with numbers and metrics.
• The ability to roll up his/her sleeves when needed.
Located in Cambridge, next to the Alewife MBTA station, BiddingForGood is serving thousands of non-profit customers nationwide with an online auction and community building tool set. Position includes competitive sick/vacation/holiday package, equity, health, long-term disability, life insurance and 401k plan. Sponsorship and/or relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please include salary requirements when applying for this position. Email response only. Due to the expected high volume of interest, BiddingForGood will only respond to candidates selected for further consideration. BiddingForGood, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Contact Pattie Hunt Sinacole at email@example.com.