VP of Marketing
BiddingForGood (www.biddingforgood.com)Do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing Internet companies in the Boston area? Do you want to market a service that gives charities and schools $4 back for every $1 they spend and has helped raise over $100 million for thousands of local schools and worthy causes?
BiddingForGood, a rapidly growing online fundraising auction service connecting thousands of charitable causes to online shoppers and advertisers is looking for a VP of Marketing to join our team. You will be a (very) key senior-level leader within this SaaS venture-backed company (Tier 1 investors and senior management team with over $200M in prior wins).
The culture here is incredibly upbeat and progressive, but it is also demanding. We have a big opportunity to build a business and make a difference and we’re pretty intent on taking it. But we also know how to laugh and enjoy the ride. This is truly a fun place to work for dedicated and motivated individuals.
This “hands on” leader will provide ideas, insights and the helicopter ability to move from strategic to tactical seamlessly. The ideal candidate will have a blend of both web and non-web marketing. Both B2B and B2C experience is preferred.
Do you have a record of building a brand? Do you thrive working in a smaller, results-oriented, metrics-driven culture?
Here is our ideal background:
• 15 years plus marketing experience – experience in web marketing required, prefer some non-web experience as well
• Demonstrated experience and proven results in cost-effective customer acquisition
• B2C and B2B experience
• Has contributed to building a brand
• Has worked in smaller company environment (and likes it)
• Is in a place in life where making a difference is important
Here is our list of ideal skills and attributes:
• Super smart and a “quick study”
• Strong helicopter capability (must be able to toggle between strategic and tactical)
• Strong analytic/creative problem solving ability
• A fact-based decision-making style with good intuitive instincts
• Idea oriented. Decent out-of-box creative skills.
• Able to build healthy working relationships
• Deep understanding of web-based marketing (ideally consumer). Must be intimately familiar with SEO and web marketing tools (Google analytics, Omniture, etc). Omniture experience really a plus.
• Must understand and embrace metrics — around cost of acquisition and conversion metrics especially
• Some social media experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
The CompanyLocated in Cambridge, next to the Alewife MBTA station, BiddingForGood is serving thousands of non-profit customers nationwide with an online auction and community building tool set. Position includes competitive sick/vacation/holiday package, equity, health, long-term disability, life insurance and 401k plan. It is a base plus incentive position. Sponsorship and/or relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please include salary requirements when applying for this position. Email response only. Due to the expected high volume of interest, BiddingForGood will only respond to candidates selected for further consideration. BiddingForGood, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.