The Company Eduventures is the industry leader in research and consulting for higher education institutions. Through our functionally-specific research programs, Eduventures facilitates the exchange of best practices among members of similar job functions and conducts actionable research and analysis on shared challenges. Additionally, Eduventures expert analysts and practitioners work with each member institution to address specific institutional needs. Eduventures Consulting Services provide proprietary consulting to a diverse group of colleges and universities. Consulting clients benefit from our deep in-house expertise on education as well as the insights gathered through our work with our 300+ partner institutions of higher education through our membership programs. More about Eduventures can be found at www.eduventures.com.
The Opportunity Eduventures is looking for a seasoned and entrepreneurial Vice President of Business Development to join our team. You will be a key senior leader within this high-growth, private equity-backed business located in downtown Boston. Eduventures enjoys a strong brand and passionate following as a leader in the vertical of higher education.
The VP of Business Development at Eduventures will be an entreprenuer and business driver capable of creating and leading new ventures that leverage the core assets of the firm. Reporting to the President and CEO, the ideal candidate will be someone with a track record of making sales and building new revenue streams in a hands-on manner in an entreprenurial setting.
Key Responsibilities • Launching two to three new ventures in a compressed period of time
• Driving sales and marketing for those ventures
• Hiring and managing new personnel
• Building profitable partner relationships
• Leveraging our content and existing resources to create sustainable and actionable revenue streams
• Ensuring that proposed offerings meet or exceed customer satisfaction and value expectations
• Working well cross-functionally to understand and ultimately sell our knowledge and expertise
• Adding value to a senior leadership team in the areas of strategy, innovation, and execution of our vision
Requirements:• Superior marketing-led sales skills, 10-15 years is ideal
• Experience in a research and consulting model or selling within higher education
• Strong execution and operational skills – an entreprenuerial track record as distinct from a consulting track record
• Experience where bottom-line attainment of results is paramount
• The ability to present a compelling and persuasive case to prospects
• The ability to work passionately in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and demanding environment
• A positive, upbeat, and high energy work style
• A well-developed network of contacts within the higher education community is preferred
• The ability to be resilient and accept new challenges even in the face of adversity
• A track record of making quota personally and/or as a team leader
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
This position includes a competitive base pay, an incentive plan tied to revenue goals, and other traditional benefits.
Application Process Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to Patricia Hunt Sinacole, CEO and Founder of First Beacon Group LLC (www.firstbeacongroup.com) at [email protected] Please include salary requirements when applying for this position. Due to the expected high volume of interest, we will respond to candidates selected for further consideration.
Sponsorship and/or relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Eduventures is an equal opportunity employer.